Monday, November 16, 2009

Where can I find a thin flexible realistic skin for dolls that are about the size of Barbie dolls?

I'm making dolls that are about the size of a barbie, with everything from the knees to the fingertips able to move, and the skin needs to be thin and flexible and colorable so that it looks realistic. A friend told me that vinyl was used for these really realistic (and expensive) dolls, and that I should look for that to use on mine, but I have no idea where to find such a thing or how to use/apply it. I've also looked into liquid rubber (again, very thin and flexible, and colorable), but again I've no idea where to buy this stuff. Online shopping isn't really possible with me since as an unemployed, full-time student, I do not have a credit card. Anyone know where to look in stores? I'm avoiding nylon/other clothy materials at all cost since it would detract from the overal realism. Any input and advice would be very much appreciated

Where can I find a thin flexible realistic skin for dolls that are about the size of Barbie dolls?
craft stores


No comments:

Post a Comment