Monday, November 16, 2009

I had problems stretching my ear, and now the skin is to thin, what should I do?

For a couple of years I'd been slowly stretching my ears. Last September I got my left lobe to 19mm, but by the time I got to 12mm in my right ear, the skin of my lobe was literally 1mm thick. The piercer I frequent said that the piercing was probably too low down, and that I'd have to take out the plug and leave it to thicken.





This was over 4 months ago, and in that time I've been religiously massaging vitamin E oil into the skin. It's shrunk to about 0 gauge, but the skin is still only about 4mm thick, so it's quite ugly and saggy looking.





The piercer I spoke to said that after a year or two, she'd repierce it higher up so I could start stretching again, but I can't see the skin getting any thicker than this.





Does anybody know any ways of encouraging too-thin ear lobes to thicken?





Failing that, does anybody in the UK know anything about reconstruction surgery, and how much it might cost? I'm assuming the NHS doesn't offer it.





Sorry for the novel, thanks in advance! :)

I had problems stretching my ear, and now the skin is to thin, what should I do?
The Vitamin E oil might help..


If the skin is too thick to continue stretching your best bet would be to have a piercer scalpel it to whatever size your goal is, so they can scalpel it upword to where the skin isn't thin.





As for the surgery cost, I wouldn't have the slightest Idea, sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment